Caminar improves the quality of life for individuals and families by
providing opportunities to live in the community with dignity and independence.
If you are passionate about improving the lives of people in need and seeking a career in the mental health services field, we’d love to meet you at Caminar’s Fall 2017 Job Fair:
Wednesday, September 6, 2017
4:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Caminar - 2600 S. El Camino Real, San Mateo
Caminar has served the Bay Area since 1964 and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to being a preferred employer and work hard to meet the benefit needs of our staff and ensure our programs are equal to, or better than, other area non-profit employers. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, partially paid premiums for dependents, paid accrued vacation and sick leave, 401k retirement plan with employer matching opportunities, and employer-paid Employee Assistance program. We also provide a robust clinical training program, individual and group supervision, and assistance towards licensure.
We are seeking qualified and dynamic candidates for case management and counselor positions in San Francisco, San Mateo, and Santa Clara counties. Join highly experienced teams:
Case Managers (Full-Time)
Under the supervision of the Program Director, Case Managers provide rehabilitation services to adults with psychiatric disabilities living in or transitioning back into the community in San Mateo County. Case Managers are responsible for overseeing the provision of individual services to these clients and work in conjunction with community support workers who are assigned to provide medication support and assistance with activities of daily living. Case Managers assist in the design and implementation of treatment goals; are advocates for clients; provide crisis prevention and intervention when necessary; and help plan a program including the utilization of community resources to enhance the individual’s quality of life.
- Candidates registered with the California BBS are strongly encouraged to apply; licensed supervision hours available.
- BA/BS in a mental health related field. Absent BA/BS, a minimum two years (4,000 hours) of verifiable program experience in the provision of direct services to individuals with severe mental illness is required.
Assistant Case Managers (Full-Time/Part-Time)
Under the supervision of the Program Director, Assistant Case Managers provide services to clients including but not limited to assessment, counseling, crisis intervention, and medication management.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree in psychology or mental health related field is preferred.
- Minimum one year of demonstrated work experience serving adults with serious mental illness or developmental disabilities (SMI/DD) is preferred.
Under the supervision of the Program Director and/or Assistant Director, Counselors provide support and assistance to clients through individual and group counseling in a crisis or transitional residential treatment program.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. BA in psychology or related field is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of one-year, full-time experience or its part-time equivalent working in a program serving persons with mental illness is required. Such experience must be in the direct provision of services to clients.
Interested? Visit our Careers page for a full listing of open positions. Should you have any questions, please email Alvin at ABoado@Caminar.org.
We look forward to meeting you on September 6, 2017!