The Wellness and Recovery Center (WRC) is a MHSA funded program through the prevention and early intervention service dollars and began services on December 1st, 2010. The Wellness and Recovery Center is a peer run drop-in center for individuals with a known or suspected mental illness, located adjacent to Caminar’s medication clinic and case management services.
The center provides an array of services meant to promote wellness and ongoing recovery from mental health disorders. WRC staff, which consist of peer counselors as well as a program coordinator and assistant case manager, provide assistance and encouragement to clients for their total wellness. They assist in planning and implementing health and wellness education and support groups. They also provide immediate solutions to emergency problems by coordinating with local police and medical emergency units.
Below is a list of educational and support groups that are offered at the Wellness and Recovery Center:
- Wellness and Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) Groups
- Check-in and Process Support Groups
- Dual Recovery Support Group (DRA)
- Art Groups (expressive, creative, storytelling art)
- Employment Preparedness Groups by Jobs Plus
- Life Skills Educational Group
- Current Events Discussion Group
- Exercise/Zumba Group
- Library visits
- Social Outings (includes visiting local museums, BBQ at the park, movies, bowling, miniature golf, etc.)
The center is open Monday – Friday from 7:30am to 2:30pm and is located at 915 Tuolumne Street in Vallejo, CA
The Wellness and Recovery Center is sponsored and funded by Solano County Board of Supervisors, Solano County Health and Social Services, and the Mental Health Services Act.