Throughout five counties in the greater San Francisco Bay Area, Caminar is a community-based nonprofit mental health services agency with over 50 years of successful experience assisting adults with disabilities as they strive to lead productive and meaningful lives in the community. Caminar believes in promoting healthy societies by respecting one another, listening, assisting, strengthening communities, and celebrating diversity. We accomplish our mission by providing our clients with opportunities to live with dignity and independence.
The philosophy underlining all Caminar services across our range of mental health treatment centers and programs draws heavily upon the concepts of the therapeutic community and the principles of social rehabilitation—the provision of a positive and therapeutic social environment, which encourages individual self-determination and movement towards independent living. Caminar’s programs are closely linked to local community mental health, social services, educational, vocational, and recreational programs, both public and private.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Caminar is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition or the conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS Related Conditions (ARC).
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Our commitment to being a Preferred Employer starts with how we meet the benefit needs of our staff and ensuring our programs are equal to or better than other area non-profit employers. Our benefit program is constantly reviewed to identify better ways to deliver employer of choice benefits. Our benefit package includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance: Comprehensive coverage to eligible staff and dependents. Caminar contributes generously to both employee and dependent premiums.
- Health Reimbursement Account: To enable benefited employees to receive reimbursements for out-of-pocket healthcare expenses under the high deductible health plan.
- Employee Wellness Allowance: Caminar offers an employee wellness program to promote health and wellness of our employees.
- Life Insurance (includes Long-term Disability and AD&D): Provided at no cost to our employees, including an option to purchase additional coverage for both employees and dependents.
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan: We offer a 401K plan with options for both pre- and post-tax (Roth) contributions. Eligible Employees are able to join Caminar’s 401(k) plan immediately upon employment. The plan also offers an Employer Match on eligible employee deferrals.
- Paid Leave Benefits: 12 paid holidays and a generous sick and vacation benefit.